October 2, 2013

No Choo for you!

Scott Boras is targeting a $100 million dollar contract for him. Are you effing kidding me? Last night was the first time I watched him play and honestly I liked what I saw but seriously, $100 million?

Given the contracts that were signed by the likes of Michael Bourn (4/$48MM) and Nick Swisher (4/$56MM) this seems to be a reach. And both have demonstrated quality production in their own respective statistical categories.

I would be hard pressed to think that Sandy and the gang would pony up this kind of money when you could spend that amount of money filling two other holes that we have. Don't get me wrong, I want the front office to spend but how many times have we been burned on contracts like this? Time will tell and unfortunately you can't EVER underestimate what Boras can do.
Follow me @jwil25

No comments:

Post a Comment