March 11, 2014

Hey Mets, Enough With Tejada

I know I post sporadically. I have a lot going on right now so I write when I can. I'm on twitter everyday tho so I get a lot of venting done there. But this just irks me  so much that I have to squeeze this post in from my phone. I'm done with Ruben Tejada. I've been done with him since opening day 2012. I don't like him. I never liked him. I believe the Mets oversold his potential so that fans wouldn't hate them so much for letting Reyes go. He's just not that good.

The guy is lost. He couldn't catch the flu right now, let alone a baseball. He also can't hit himself out of a paperbag. I don't buy that he was out of shape last year and that this offseason camp is going to make a huge difference. You know why? Because last year he couldn't field ground balls hit directly to him. And he still can't. 

I don't want to hear the "Oh but 2011 and 2012" arguments. We've seen this movie before from players all over the league. Guys start off well and just lose it. It happens. It could be from the league catching up to them due to overexposure, or it could be mental. Either way, Ruben Tejada does not have a place on this team anymore. It's time to cut the cord. 

Keith said it best yesterday during the broadcast, that if you're in the doghouse, you better have the attitude that you're going to show the naysayers that they're wrong. He's not doing that. I don't think he's capable of doing that. I think he's just happy to be here. I could be wrong, considering I don't know the guy. I don't like to question people's mental states and intentions, but he doesn't seem like that guy from what I can tell.  That's not a guy I want on my team. 

I don't care if it's Tovar or Flores or Drew or Franklin. If Ruben Tejada is the everyday shortstop com March 31, I'm gonna be pissed. I try to have an upbeat outlook with this team as best I can. But when I see them trotting a guy out there who just doesn't seem like he has the desire to be a better player, or is just not a good player, then it's hard for me to have hope in a team, whether it's false hope or not. I have always been against booing players on my own team, no matter who or what the reason would be. The Mets and Tejada are pushing me to the edge. 

A little roller up along first... Behind the bag. It @GetsThruBuckner. Here comes Knight and the Mets win it! 

You see what I did there?  Say hi on Twitter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment